• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

VacuumPacking herbs esp. ground

rotuts

hopefully  a year's worth of Bell's seasoning  .  its on sale now and as fresh-ground as its going to get

Bell's.jpg

stays remarkably fresh this way.    I eat a lot of turkey and chicken so use a lot of Bell's over the year

i do this with various Penzy's  dried herbs and blends  too.   makes a huge difference  I keep the various bags in the freezer.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 3

Penzey's  Turkish oregano , 4 oz. or so

Penzey Turk.jpg

its a lot cheaper at places like Penzey's to get the larger amounts.  VacBag makes a big difference.   I take out a TBS or so at a time and put in a jar

then reseal the same bag.  ditto for the Bell's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

hopefully  a year's worth of Bell's seasoning  .  its on sale now and as fresh-ground as its going to get

Bell's.jpg

stays remarkably fresh this way.    I eat a lot of turkey and chicken so use a lot of Bell's over the year

i do this with various Penzy's  dried herbs and blends  too.   makes a huge difference  I keep the various bags in the freezer.

I love Bell's.  Good stuff.  

Great idea to vac. pack.