• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

13 hours ago, kayb said:

@Duvel -- What a magnificent meal. My hat is off to you for being able to get through it and go out afterward!

Thanks ... the key for these kind of dinners is portion control. If you convince all the other to exercise portion control, there is always enough of the really good stuff for you.

12 hours ago, Ann_T said:

Duvel,   What an amazing feast.    Have you ever been to the Cannery in Shanghai?  Sister restaurant to The Nest?

Just asking because one of the owners is from Vancouver and the restaurant is suppose to have a West Coast vibe.  

They purchased our "western maple" boards to use as serving platters.  

Last night's dinner:

Pork Chili Verde November 1st, 2016.jpg

Pork Chile Verde served over homemade flour tortillas filled with cheese.  

I have not been to the Cannery yet, though from the look at it I might include that in one of the next trips (at least to see you boards and find out, what a "west cost vibe" is ...).

Duvel

Duvel

13 hours ago, kayb said:

@Duvel -- What a magnificent meal. My hat is off to you for being able to get through it and go out afterward!

Thanks ... the key for these kind of dinners is portion control. If you convince all the other to exercise portion control, there is always enough of the really good stuff for you.

11 hours ago, Ann_T said:

Duvel,   What an amazing feast.    Have you ever been to the Cannery in Shanghai?  Sister restaurant to The Nest?

Just asking because one of the owners is from Vancouver and the restaurant is suppose to have a West Coast vibe.  

They purchased our "western maple" boards to use as serving platters.  

Last night's dinner:

Pork Chili Verde November 1st, 2016.jpg

Pork Chile Verde served over homemade flour tortillas filled with cheese.  

I have not been to the Cannery yet, though from the look at it I might include that in one of the next trips (at least to see you boards and find out, what a "west cost vive" is ...).