• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

We seem to have more than one topic in which recently released cookbooks for fall 2016 are being discussed. rotuts posted a link to those selected by the NYT

Click

And

Here

MelissH mentions a number of them.

We also have a topics devoted to Naomi Pomeroy's Taste & Technique and our very own gfron's Acorns & Cattails.

I did not want to take the thread devoted to Taste & Technique off but did want to mention that like MelissaH I am very keen on Diana Henry's latest book: Simple. 

I am a huge fan of Diana Henry and could not resist this, her latest book. I agree with MelissaH that there are probably far more recipes in it that appeal to my way of cooking than are in Taste & Technique.  These are, of course, very different books appealing to very different audiences. If I could be simplistic I would say that Pomeroy's book is aspirational while Henry's book is inspirational.  I had to wade a long way into the Pomeroy book before I found a recipe that called out to me but the very first recipe in the Henry book, the egg and salmon donburi,  immediately made it into my must try list.

MelissaH also took home Alton Brown's new book but I've never been a fan of his. Still I may have to have a closer look.

Anyone else planning to acquire or borrow from the library of the books from the fall selection?

@Okanagancook  and @JoNorvelleWalkerhave already taken the plunge. 

Anna N

Anna N

We seem to have more than one topic in which recently released cookbooks for fall 2016 are being discussed. rotuts posted a link to those selected by the NYT

Click

And

Here

MelissH mentions a number of them.

We also have a topics devoted to Naomi Pomeroy's Taste & Technique and our very own gfron's Acorns & Cattails.

I did not want to take the thread devoted to Taste & Technique off but did want to mention that like MelissaH I am very keen on Diana Henry's latest book: Simple. 

I am a huge fan of Diana Henry and could not resist this, her latest book. I agree with MelissaH that there are probably far more recipes in it that appeal to my way of cooking than are in Taste & Technique.  These are, of course, very different books appealing to very different audiences. If I could be simplistic I would say that Pomeroy's book is aspirational while Henry's book is inspirational.  I had to wade a long way into the Pomeroy book before I found a recipe that called out to me but the very first recipe in the Henry book, the egg and salmon donburi,  immediately made it into my must try list.

MelissaH also took home Alton Brown's new book but I've never been a fan of his. Still I may have to have a closer look.

Anyone else planning to acquire or borrow from the library of the books from the fall selection?

@Okanagancook  and @JoNorvelleWalkerhave already taken the plunge.