• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

On 12/28/2023 at 12:53 PM, AlaMoi said:

I am regularly left stunned at the beeeeeeeeeautful loaves produced.

I do however have a curiosity question.....  what does one do with all those loaves?

as an empty nest household fighting the battle of the bulge . . . it would take us a long time to eat all that . . .

@AlaMoi, I'm not sure what everyone else does, but I have a few friends that I keep in bread.   No one ever turns down fresh baked bread.

I get to satisfy my need to bake and everyone is happy.

Baked this morning.  Dough was made yesterday starting with a Pate Fermentee and left in the fridge for 12 hours and then

left on the counter overnight.   I start to work it this morning at 3:30.

Last bake of 2023.

Small Rounds with poppy seeds December 31st, 2023 1.jpg

Edited to add:  Bread does freeze very well.  I wrap in paper towels and then into freezer ziplock bags.  Because I tend to make smaller

loaves, they defrost quickly.

Ann_T

Ann_T

On 12/28/2023 at 12:53 PM, AlaMoi said:

I am regularly left stunned at the beeeeeeeeeautful loaves produced.

I do however have a curiosity question.....  what does one do with all those loaves?

as an empty nest household fighting the battle of the bulge . . . it would take us a long time to eat all that . . .

@AlaMoi, I'm not sure what everyone else does, but I have a few friends that I keep in bread.   No one ever turns down fresh baked bread.

I get to satisfy my need to bake and everyone is happy.

Baked this morning.  Dough was made yesterday starting with a Pate Fermentee and left in the fridge for 12 hours and then

left on the counter overnight.   I start to work it this morning at 3:30.

Last bake of 2023.

Small Rounds with poppy seeds December 31st, 2023 1.jpg