• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Leaving NY next week for a couple of days in Las Vegas, through Escalante to SLC for another couple of days, and then to Reno-San Francisco-LA-San Diego for another week ( but that belongs to another board).

I searched and read the past postings but there's not a lot of recent info on SLC. We're looking for off the beaten path, $-$$, any cuisine. Made a note on Elko NV for basque- any specific recommendations? It might work great for lunch on our way to Reno.

Thank you in advance.

It's quite a few years since I last got there, but I've had some delightful dinners at Bombay House. The food was excellent, and the price was modest. I also liked that the place was staffed by family members, and tips were shared throughout the operation: the cook got his share.