• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

1 hour ago, cta said:

I know that you say these are stone, but looking at your photo (there are some 'ribs' and what it looks like the base of the stem) I would dare to say that they are dried calabaza or jicama.

Hope it helps.

Thanks @Thanks for the Crepes  and  @cta

Oaxacan Mexican culture uses these bowl types for making Stone Soup   --  a fish stew that they add 800 degree F stone into the soup to help finish the stew.   Make sense with the gourds.  So nothing would crack.

Maybe with fall approaching us in the Midwest USA.   Sounds like a idea.

Cheers   x            Bacino = the little kiss

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

1 hour ago, cta said:

I know that you say these are stone, but looking at your photo (there are some 'ribs' and what it looks like the base of the stem) I would dare to say that they are dried calabaza or jicama.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Oaxacan Mexican culture uses these bowl types for making Stone Soup   --  a fish stew that they add 800 degree F stone into the soup to help finish the stew.   Make sense with the gourds.  So nothing would crack.

Maybe with fall approaching us in the Midwest USA.   Sounds like a idea.

Cheers   x            Bacino = the little kiss