• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

teonzo

teonzo

forgot about the board rules on copyrights

On 14/12/2016 at 11:36 PM, chromedome said:

I actually planted some lemon balm (the North American name for melissa) simply because that's my landlady's name. :P

I suppose you know how many jokes you would get in a real kitchen after saying this!

I used to also create dishes with ingredients that started with the same letter (alliteration) just because it sounded good on the menu, and people seemed to respond favorably to it when used in moderation. 

That was a first for me. You need to be lucky to have enough ingredients with those letters and after that you need to be even more lucky that they pair well together. Making something with Z ingredients would be pretty hard!

On 15/12/2016 at 0:05 AM, DianaB said:

Never would have imagined this or your previous confection.  Tempted to try at some point over the end of year holidays with butternut squash.

If you need more infos/other feel free to ask. Beware that the pumpkin version is a bit trickier than the sweet potato one, the pumpkin inclusion is softer and needs more care during lamination.

Before creating confusion, I used the "delica" variety, you can see it on this photo for example.

I don't know how it's called outside Italy, I don't even know if it exists outside of Italy. I'm also pretty ignorant about differences between pumpkins and squashes, here we call all of them "zucche".

The "delica" variety is the one with the firmer (cooked) flesh we have here.

Teo

teonzo

teonzo

I actually planted some lemon balm (the North American name for melissa) simply because that's my landlady's name. :P

I suppose you know how many jokes you would get in a real kitchen after saying this!

I used to also create dishes with ingredients that started with the same letter (alliteration) just because it sounded good on the menu, and people seemed to respond favorably to it when used in moderation. 

That was a first for me. You need to be lucky to have enough ingredients with those letters and after that you need to be even more lucky that they pair well together. Making something with Z ingredients would be pretty hard!

On 15/12/2016 at 0:05 AM, DianaB said:

Never would have imagined this or your previous confection.  Tempted to try at some point over the end of year holidays with butternut squash.

If you need more infos/other feel free to ask. Beware that the pumpkin version is a bit trickier than the sweet potato one, the pumpkin inclusion is softer and needs more care during lamination.

Before creating confusion, I used the "delica" variety:

zudde-delica.png

I don't know how it's called outside Italy, I don't even know if it exists outside of Italy. I'm also pretty ignorant about differences between pumpkins and squashes, here we call all of them "zucche".

The "delica" variety is the one with the firmer (cooked) flesh we have here.

Teo