• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kasia

Kasia

Today I would like to show you the tart which you may prepare with almost all season fruit. In Poland I use to make it with raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, currants or goosberries. The advantage of this cake is the whole wheat flour. Thanks to it the texture is very interesting. It is one of my favourite summer cakes 

Ingredients:

dough:
250g of whole wheat flour
75g of caster sugar
a pinch of salt
150g of butter
1 egg
filling:
400g of blueberries
100g of red currants
100g of gooseberries
3 tablespoons of flour
1 tablespoon of starch
5 tablespoons of sugar

the whole recipe is here

DSC_2825a.jpg

DSC_2831a.jpg

Kasia

Kasia

Today I would like to show you the tart which you may prepare with almost all season fruit. In Poland I use to make it with raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, currants or goosberries. The advantage of this cake is whole wheat flour. Thanks to it the texture is very interesting. It is one of my favourite summer cakes 

Ingredients:

dough:
250g of whole wheat flour
75g of caster sugar
a pinch of salt
150g of butter
1 egg
filling:
400g of blueberries
100g of red currants
100g of gooseberries
3 tablespoons of flour