• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

All this berry talk reminded me of my first jam experiment. We lived on a side of the peninsula with no canyons and thus no berries. In this arid Mediterranean climate canyons have the creeks. Also before the plethora of berries we see almost year round in every supermarket now. My sister adored Knotts boysenberry. So I bought a can of berries. Made the jam, and sealed it with hot wax (that was fun). It was really good. She still remembers it.She was7 and I was 11. 

61GvCeRZh3L._SL1000_.jpg

heidih

heidih

All this berry talk reminded me of my first jam experiment. We lived on a side of the peninsula with no canyons and thus no berries. In this arid Mediterranean climate canyons have the creeks. Also before the plethora of berries we see almost year ground in every supermarket now. My sister adored Knotts boysenberry. So I bought a can of berries. Made the jam, and sealed it with hot wax (that was fun). It was really good. She still remembers it.She was7 and I was 11. 

61GvCeRZh3L._SL1000_.jpg

heidih

heidih

All this berry talk reminded me of my first jam experiment. We lived on a side of the peninsula with no canyons and thus no berries. In this arid Mediterranean climate canyons have the creeks. Also before the plethora of berries we see almost year ground in every supermarket now. My sister adored Knotts boysenberry. So I bought a can of berries. Made the jame, and sealed it with hot wax (that was fun). It was really good. She still remembers it.She was7 and I was 11. 

61GvCeRZh3L._SL1000_.jpg