• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

typos

Dinner tonight was a disaster.

I haven't really felt great all day. Nothing specific or serious. Just not on top. I went shopping in the morning and got excited by some ingredients that I picked up.

IMG_3601-800.jpg

fcc.jpg

(I'll leave you to work out what they are until I get round to using them.)

However when dinner time came around I had no mood to cook, but knew I must eat. I then ignored all the ingredients I had bought and made the worst spaghetti and meatballs ever. I've been cooking this dish for nigh on 50 years; friends request it;  but today it just didn't work. It was awful. I forgot that had added a whole load of anchovies to the tomato sauce then added too much salt. The tomato paste I knew for a fact I had in the pantry turned out to be a delusion. I cooked the pasta without salt to make up for the over-salted sauce but overcooked it. Miraculously the meatballs were OK. But it was a miserable, if just edible meal.

I guess we all have our off days. Try again tomorrow.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Dinner tonight was a disaster.

I haven't really felt great all day. Nothing specific or serious. Just not on top. I went shopping in the morning and got excited by some ingredients that I picked up.

IMG_3601-800.jpg

fcc.jpg

I'll leave you to work out what they are until I get round to using them.

However when dinner time came around I had no mood to cook, but knew I must eat. I then ignored all the ingredients I had bough and made the worst spaghetti and meatballs ever. I've been cooking this dish for nigh on 50 years; friends request it;  but today it just didn't work. It was awful. I forgot that had added a whole load of anchovies to the tomato sauce then added too much salt. The tomato paste I knew for a fact I had in the pantry turned out to be a delusion. I cooked the pasta without salt to make up for the over-salted sauce but overcooked it. Miraculously the meatballs were OK. But it was a miserable, if just edible meal.

I guess we all have our off days. Try again tomorrow.