• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

OK - Here is my list.  I could cook from this list on Thursday or not until Sunday due to other commitments.

From the garden:
Lots of green beans

cabbage (green - the red is not ready yet)

zucchini - gold or green

a few small beets

lots of basil

cucumbers

From the freezer:

pork tenderloin

4 steelhead trout fillets  (however I am planning on using most of this for a dinner party I am hosting on Saturday and I am not sure how much more I can        get. I can commit 1 to this.)

chicken thighs

garlic scape pesto

From a local farm stand: 

fresh corn

good tomatoes

fruit: peaches, plums, blueberries

Did I go over the limit?  oops. 

I do not have any of the appliances often discussed here - just a basic gas stove and an outdoor gas grill. 

ElainaA

ElainaA

OK - Here is my list.  I could cook from this list on Thursday or not until Sunday due to other commitments.

From the garden:
Lots of green beans

cabbage (green - the red is not ready yet)

zucchini - gold or green

a few small beets

lots of basil

cucumbers

From the freezer:

pork tenderloin

4 steelhead trout fillets  (however I am planning on using most of this for a dinner party I am hosting on Saturday and I am not sure how much more I can get. I can commit 1 to this.)

chicken thighs

garlic scape pesto

From a local farm stand: 

fresh corn

good tomatoes

fruit: peaches, plums, blueberries

Did I go over the limit?  oops. 

I do not have any of the appliances often discussed here - just a basic gas stove and an outdoor gas grill.