• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tere

Tere

So we entertained our strict vegetarian quite picky friend this weekend, and I am quite happy with the output. She ate everything! :D

Saturday lunch was tomato crustless quiche and baltic style sour cream, dill, tomato and cucumber salad with garlic bread.

For Saturday supper, Kamado Joe barbecued pizza from scratch in three acts, goats cheese and spinach beet, quornaroni on veggie mozzarella, and veggie margarita pizza, with leftover baltic salad and heritage cherry tomatoes with homemade raspberry and mint vinagrette. Followed this with plum and ginger crumble with cream.

Today breakfast was cooked breakfast with beans, roasted mushrooms in garlic butter sauce, spicy oil anointed roasted heritage tomatoes, hash browns, veggie cumberland sausage, not bacon, free range fried eggs and local ketchup.

Just finished cooking a roasted mushroom, spinach beet and yuzu risotto, with salad leaves in the raspberry vinagrette, followed by spiced poached pears a la Prue Leith with cream.

Tomorrow's breakfast will be toast and butter and jam and cereal with mushroom pate if she fancies savoury, and veggie friendly cheese and the pate if she wants to take a packed lunch. With plenty of  chutney and ripe tomatoes to accompany. :D

I think I won on vegetarian cookery :D \o/ I even remembered to check the cheeses were veggie friendly :D (Sainsbury's labelling makes such things very easy these days, for which I am grateful).

And relax...

Tere

Tere

So we entertained our strict vegetarian quite picky friend this weekend, and I am quite happy with the output. She ate everything! :D

Saturday lunch was tomato crustless quiche and baltic style sour cream, dill, tomato and cucumber salad with garlic bread.

For Saturday supper, Kamado Joe barbecued pizza from scratch in three acts, goats cheese and spinach beet, quornaroni on veggie mozzarella, and veggie margarita pizza, with leftover baltic salad and heritage cherry tomatoes with homemade raspberry and mint vinagrette.

Today breakfast was cooked breakfast with beans, roasted mushrooms in garlic butter sauce, spicy oil anointed roasted heritage tomatoes, hash browns, veggie cumberland sausage, not bacon, free range fried eggs and local ketchup.

Just finished cooking a roasted mushroom, spinach beet and yuzu risotto, with salad leaves in the raspberry vinagrette, followed by spiced poached pears a la Prue Leith with cream.

Tomorrow's breakfast will be toast and butter and jam and cereal with mushroom pate if she fancies savoury, and veggie friendly cheese and the pate if she wants to take a packed lunch. With plenty of  chutney and ripe tomatoes to accompany. :D

I think I won on vegetarian cookery :D \o/ I even remembered to check the cheeses were veggie friendly :D (Sainsbury's labelling makes such things very easy these days, for which I am grateful).

And relax...

Tere

Tere

Saturday lunch was tomato crustless quiche and baltic style sour cream, dill, tomato and cucumber salad with garlic bread for lunch yesterday.

For Saturday supper, Kamado Joe barbecued pizza from scratch in three acts, goats cheese and spinach beet, quornaroni on veggie mozzarella, and veggie margarita pizza, with leftover baltic salad and heritage cherry tomatoes with homemade raspberry and mint vinagrette.

And relax...