• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

@Okanagancook Nice concept!

My dinner was cornmeal muffins, with added corn kernels and scallion greens. A gentle touch of chili and smoked paprika. 20160702_134451.jpg

The muffins are more savory, with a touch of honey for gentle sweetness. 
The mixture is mostly cornmeal, part of it cooked into a roux of sorts with butter and milk. Some wheat flour for lightness. Sour cream for flavor and a moist crumb.

20160702_134740.jpg

Served with leftover ratatouille.
I'm in the "best on fresh made camp" when it comes to ratatouille, but some of my family are on the "best the next day" camp.

shain

shain

1 hour ago, Okanagancook said:

Magic browning powder

2 parts baking soda

3 parts dextrose

put in a fine sieve and sprinkle over meat

apply heat

amazingly fast

Nice concept!

My dinner was cornmeal muffins, with added corn kernels and scallion greens. A gentle touch of chili and smoked paprika. 20160702_134451.jpg

The muffins are more savory, with a touch of honey for gentle sweetness. 
The mixture is mostly cornmeal, part of it cooked into a roux of sorts with butter and milk. Some wheat flour for lightness. Sour cream for flavor and a moist crumb.

20160702_134740.jpg

Served with leftover ratatouille.
I'm in the "best on fresh made camp" when it comes to ratatouille, but some of my family are on the "best the next day" camp.