• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

I rarely post on this thread since my lunches are extremely boring. However, today was Eurocar - the one car event to which I always go with my husband. He shows his car (a 1970 Porsche 914) and I make a picnic lunch. For a car show dedicated to European sports cars the food on offer is terrible - hot dogs (not even Hoffman Snappy Grillers - the iconic central NY hot dog), hamburgers, salt potatoes.Previous years that was it. This year there was a vendor with a mobil, wood fired pizza oven - a huge improvement. But we still had my picnic. 

A salad with greens from my garden, chicken, avocado, fennel, red onion, cherry tomatoes and pea shoots with a variation on green goddess dressing, using a yogurt base. Plus some bread I baked yesterday. I did a trial run of this a few weeks ago so you may have seen it on the dinner thread. We always take champagne, which may or may not be legal.

IMG_20160619_124409.jpg

Dessert was a sponge cake with sweetened, home made ricotta between the layers with strawberries and whipped cream. This was my first venture into making ricotta. It tasted really good but was far from the required 'spreadable' texture.

IMG_20160619_132710.jpg

(And my husband's car took 3rd place in his class.:D)

ElainaA

ElainaA

I rarely post on this thread since my lunches are extremely boring. However, today was Eurocar - the one car event to which I always go with my husband. He shows his car (a 1970 Porsche 914) and I make a picnic lunch. For a car show dedicated to European sports cars the food on offer is terrible - hot dogs (not even Hoffman Snappy Grillers - the iconic central NY hot dog), hamburgers, salt potatoes.Previous years that was it. This year there was a vendor with a mobil, wood fired pizza oven - a huge improvement. But we still had my picnic. 

A salad with greens from my garden, chicken, avocado, fennel, red onion, cherry tomatoes and pea shoots with a variation on green goddess dressing, using a yogurt base. Plus some bread I baked yesterday. I did a trial run of this a few weeks ago so you may have seen it on the dinner thread. We always take champagne, which may or may not be legal.

IMG_20160619_124409.jpg

Dessert was a sponge cake with sweetened, home made ricotta between the layers with strawberries and whipped cream. This was my firs venture into making ricotta it tasted really good but was far from the required 'spreadable' texture.

IMG_20160619_132710.jpg

(And my husband's car took 3rd place in his class.:D)