• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link

@Okanagancook, thanks for mentioning those 2 recipes.  When I saw Zahav's recipe on Serious Eats, I meant to give it a try but forgot all about it.  I thought the idea of blending a lot of garlic with the lemon juice and then straining it out was very interesting.   

When I saw Thanks for the Crepes's query, I was wondering how a bit of preserved lemon would work so I was interested by the Fine Cooking recipe you linked to as well.

Finally, my own suggestion would be to include some lemon zest in the dressing along with the lemon juice.  I love that extra hit of lemon flavor that comes from freshly grated zest.

edited to add:  @Thanks for the Crepes, apparently you are not the only person to have found that dressing memorable:  Serendipity & Lemon Tahini Sauce

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link

@Okanagancook, thanks for mentioning those 2 recipes.  When I saw Zahav's recipe on Serious Eats, I meant to give it a try but forgot all about it.  I thought the idea of blending a lot of garlic with the lemon juice and then straining it out was very interesting.   

When I saw Thanks for the Crepes's query, I was wondering how a bit of preserved lemon would work so I was interested by the Fine Cooking recipe you linked to as well.

Finally, my own suggestion would be to include some lemon zest in the dressing along with the lemon juice.  I love that extra hit of lemon flavor that comes from freshly grated zest.

edited to add:  Apparently you are not the only person to have found that dressing memorable:  Serendipity & Lemon Tahini Sauce

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin