• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

YetiChocolates

YetiChocolates

Here's my report...I notice from my pics that I guess I don't like talking pictures of people :$, so here are all my foodie photos!

IMG_3459-resized.jpg

Green curry from Mengrai Thai.  Finally caught the group after a 3 hour delay in Denver and a missed Morato demo :(

IMG_3465-resized.jpg

Bloomed chocolate dipped marshmallow from Cacao 70 in the distillery district...we had many ideas as to why it bloomed, but forgot to ask Kerry her opinion (and no, I did not buy it!)

IMG_3466-resized.jpg

My "make your own" pizza and salad of Friday night...both were fabulous.  Rodney and Kat did a spectacular job keeping us fat and happy over the weekend!

IMG_3467-resized.jpgIMG_3468-resized.jpg

A couple of Saturday morning delicacies, I sure do love French pastries!

IMG_3470-resized.jpgIMG_3472-resized.jpgIMG_3482-resized.jpg

My progressive pics of the panning we did between Saturday and Sunday...cocoa puffs pre-panned, after panning the first day with a finished product for contrast, and Sunday's final product.  Learned a lot and have a much better appreciation of panned items than I did before!

IMG_3474-resized.jpgIMG_3476-resized.jpgIMG_3481-resized.jpg

A few highlights from Saturday night dinner, the caprese salad was to die for, even if tomatoes are not in season in Toronto right now.  Everything was amazing, a truly delightful dinner, worth every penny!  I loved the blue crock the chicken dish was in and of course dessert! Kat outdid herself on that ice cream :x.  And I guess I should've taken a picture of wine, as I might have overindulged a bit on the red wine selection :D

IMG_3484-resized.jpgIMG_3485-resized.jpgIMG_3486-resized.jpg

As per a recommendation from Matt and Matt, Gaylene and I went on a public transit adventure in the blustery cold weather Sunday night to enjoy some lovely Pho and salad rolls from the Golden Turtle.  A nice little cleanse after eating all those darn lovely French pastries!

IMG_3483-resized.jpg

This was probably the highlight of the weekend, the official "winner" of the fuji airbrush.  It will have to wait until next fall to get utilized, but I cannot wait to start working with it.  We'll see how much of a pain it will be getting it through customs and onto the plane :blink:

Other than panning I did work on a couple chocolates, just didn't get pictures of them, or of the spread of amazing products that everyone worked on throughout the weekend or what was brought to the social...so it's a good thing that others are better at taking photos than me or we'd have a piss poor report :wink:

As always, Kerry outdid herself in another fantastically successful workshop.  The weekend went way too fast, but it was so great to spend the time that I did with like-minded folks playing with chocolate!

YetiChocolates

YetiChocolates

Here's my report...I notice from my pics that I guess I don't like talking pictures of people :$, so here are all my foodie photos!

IMG_3459-resized.jpg

Green curry from Mengrai Thai.  Finally caught the group after a 3 hour delay in Denver and a missed Morato demo :(

IMG_3465-resized.jpg

Bloomed chocolate dipped marshmallow from Cacao 70 in the distillery district...we had many ideas as to why it bloomed, but forgot to ask Kerry her opinion (and no, I did not buy it!)

IMG_3466-resized.jpg

My "make your own" pizza and salad of Friday night...both were fabulous.  Rodney and Kat did a spectacular job keeping us fat and happy over the weekend!

IMG_3467-resized.jpgIMG_3468-resized.jpg

A couple of Saturday morning delicacies, I sure do love French pastries!

IMG_3470-resized.jpgIMG_3472-resized.jpgIMG_3482-resized.jpg

My progressive pics of the panning we did between Saturday and Sunday...cocoa puffs pre-panned, after panning the first day with a finished product for contrast, and Sunday's final product.  Learned a lot and have a much better appreciation of panned items than I did before!

IMG_3474-resized.jpgIMG_3476-resized.jpgIMG_3481-resized.jpg

A few highlights from Saturday night dinner, the caprese salad was to die for, even if tomatoes are not in season in Toronto right now.  Everything was amazing, a truly delightful dinner, worth every penny!  I loved the blue crock the chicken dish was in and of course dessert! Kat outdid herself on that ice cream :x.  And I guess I should've taken a picture of wine, as I might have overindulged a bit on the red wine selection :D

IMG_3484-resized.jpgIMG_3485-resized.jpgIMG_3486-resized.jpg

As per a recommendation from Matt and Matt, Gaylene went of a public transit adventure in the blustery cold weather Sunday night to enjoy some lovely Pho and salad rolls from the Golden Turtle.  I nice little cleanse after eating all those darn lovely French pastries!

IMG_3483-resized.jpg

This was probably the highlight of the weekend, the official "winner" of the fuji airbrush.  It will have to wait until next fall to get utilized, but I cannot wait to start working with it.  We'll see how much of a pain it will be getting it through customs and onto the plane :blink:

Other than panning I did work on a couple chocolates, just didn't get pictures of them, or of the spread of amazing products that everyone worked on throughout the weekend or what was brought to the social...so it's a good thing that others are better at taking photos than me or we'd have a piss poor report :wink:

As always, Kerry outdid herself in another fantastically successful workshop.  The weekend went way too fast, but it was so great to spend the time that I did with like-minded folks playing with chocolate!