• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Here is tonight's starter.

Fresh (live*) shrimp stir fried with sea salt, Sichuan pepper, lime zest and chili flakes. Served with more lime.

IMG_0878.jpg

The main course was pork with fermented black beans which I have posted here at least once before, so won't bore you with again. Not that it wasn't good!

*I had an amusing few minutes scrabbling around the kitchen trying to retrieve the more energetic shrimp which sensibly jumped out the wok the second they felt the heat!

liuzhou

liuzhou

Here is tonight's starter.

Fresh (live*) shrimp stir fried with sea salt, Sichuan pepper and chili flakes.

IMG_0878.jpg

The main course was pork with fermented black beans which I have posted here at least once before, so won't bore you with again. Not that it wasn't good!

*I had an amusing few minutes scrabbling around the kitchen trying to retrieve the more energetic shrimp which sensibly jumped out the wok the second they felt the heat!