• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

15 hours ago, liuzhou said:

So when I heard of an identically named restaurant here in town, I had to check it out. The menu contains similar dishes but there the similarity ends. I suspect they have just copied the name and some of the menu - either that or their standards have slipped dramatically.

Sadly, I have learned that it is the same company. They have expanded their business from one restaurant to eight and apparently thrown all standards out the window. Shame.

liuzhou

liuzhou

15 hours ago, liuzhou said:

So when I heard of an identically named restaurant here in town, I had to check it out. The menu contains similar dishes but there the similarity ends. I suspect they have just copied the name and some of the menu - either that or their standards have slipped dramatically.

Sadly, I have learned that it is the same company. They have expanded their business from one restaurant to eight and apparently thrown all standards out the window. Sad.