• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Last night's dinner was a near disaster. I got back late and was tired. 

I marinated some pork in Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, garlic and chilli then got the rice going in the rice cooker. Or at least I thought I did. About half way through the process, the cooker decided it had had enough and died on me. I hurriedly switched the contents into a pan and finished it off on the stove top (something I haven't done in decades of rice cooker use).

I stir fried some cauliflower in one wok while doing the meat in another. As I was serving the cauli, I somehow dropped the emptied pan splashing my foot with hot oil. I was wearing sports shoes which are porous. Ouch!

Then the photograph turned out very iffy. The light in my kitchen isn't camera friendly.

dinner.jpg

Still, it tasted just fine.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Last night's dinner was a near disaster. It got back late and was tired. 

I marinated some pork in Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, garlic and chilli then got the rice going in the rice cooker. Or at least I thought I did. About half way through the process, the cooker decided it had had enough and died on me. I hurriedly switched the contents into a pan and finished it off on the stove top (something I haven't done in decades of rice cooker use).

I stir fried some cauliflower in one wok while doing the meat in another. As I was serving the cauli, I somehow dropped the emptied pan splashing my foot with hot oil. I was wearing sports shoes which are porous. Ouch!

Then the photograph turned out very iffy. The light in my kitchen isn't camera friendly.

dinner.jpg

Still, it tasted just fine.