• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

5 hours ago, sartoric said:

Borlotti beans perhaps ...?

3 hours ago, shain said:

Seems right to me. 

I think they probably are. I wasn't sure because I have grown borlotti beans in the past and they looked like this: white and red rather than brown and red. Googling images, it seems borlotti are beans of many colors. 

56d6dd6e764b4_borlotti2copy.jpg.9286fecd

http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2008/08/fresh-stewed-borlotti-beans/  Picture from Italian Food Forever

The recipe on this site (where I got the picture) is very similar to the recipe I used. Add garlic and subtract celery and carrot.

ElainaA

ElainaA

5 hours ago, sartoric said:

3 hours ago, shain said:

Seems right to me. 

I think they probably are. I wasn't sure because I have grown borlotti beans in the past and they looked like this: white and red rather than brown and red. Googling images, it seems borlotti are beans of many colors. 

http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2008/08/fresh-stewed-borlotti-beans/  Picture from Italian Food Forever

ElainaA

ElainaA

2 hours ago, sartoric said:

43 minutes ago, shain said:

Seems right to me. 

ElainaA

ElainaA

1 hour ago, sartoric said:

40 minutes ago, shain said:

Seems right to me. 

I think they probably are. I wasn't sure because I have grown borlotti beans in the past and they looked like this: white and red rather than brown and black. Googling images, it seems borlotti are beans of many colors.