• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

I have some old bakeware made by Volrath that seems virtually indestructible.  I also have a bunch of bakeware from Fat Daddio's which I have used and abused a lot  - I have several of the "heavy duty" cookie sheets that I use instead of regular sheet pans.

I got all of my Pullman loaf pans from Fantes - have the 16 inch, 13 inch and 9 inch.  I use the 9 inch exclusively for pumpernickel bread.

WARNING!!!  Do NOT click on the "Tools" section at Fantes.  I get in trouble every time I go there so I speak from experience.

Did I need another of thee Jonas Baker's Mate 4 tier cooling racks (already have two) - No, but I ordered one anyway because they are so handy for so many tasks when one needs to utilize counter space efficiently.  And I did not need a sticky bowl gripper or a Kolacky cutter...

It is a dangerous place to linger.O.o

I don't like non-stick bakeware, but for any non-intricate mold pieces, I use parchment.  In loaf pans, cake pans, etc. - I buy the various pre-cut rounds and the big stacks of flat 1/2 sheet pan sheets.  

I have a few silicone baking sheets but for me it is usually easier to use the parchment.

I buy from an ebay vendor that sells 200 sheets for 26.50 and free shipping.

andiesenji

andiesenji

I have some old bakeware made by Volrath that seems virtually indestructible.  I also have a bunch of bakeware from Fat Daddio's which I have used and abused a lot  - I have several of the "heavy duty" cookie sheets that I use instead of regular sheet pans.

I got all of my Pullman loaf pans from Fantes - have the 16 inch, 13 inch and 9 inch.  I use the 9 inch exclusively for pumpernickel bread.

WARNING!!!  Do NOT click on the "Tools" section at Fantes.  I get in trouble every time I go there so I speak from experience.

Did I need another of thee Jonas Baker's Mate 4 tier cooling racks (already have two) - No, but I ordered one anyway because they are so handy for so many tasks when one needs to utilize counter space efficiently.  And I did not need a sticky bowl gripper or a Kolacky cutter...

It is a dangerous place to linger.O.o