• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cakewalk

cakewalk

Added something

8 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Here is what I use:

https://www.nordicware.com/store/product_detail/heritage-bundt-pan#.VqPoQWco7CM

Never had problem with sticking and I find the pattern lovely.  Almost too pretty to cut.

I have that pan, and I also have the Nordic War Pro Cast Bavaria bundt pan. I like both patterns a lot. I use either baker's Pam or Baker's Joy and have never had an issue when releasing them from the pan, although I remember reading about the lecithin a while ago and I keep meaning to buy some (but keep forgetting). My issue with Bundt pans in general is this: while I think the cakes look stunning when they're whole, I don't particularly care for the way the slices look. I generally find the slices to be clunky looking, and I can't get around that. I also have a Pullman loaf pan, the larger size (I think it's 13x4x4), that I got from King Arthur several years ago. I love it. And it might not look it, but it holds the same amount of batter as an Angel Food cake pan, so it would hold the batter for most bundts, I guess. I make angel food cakes in the Pullman pan (without the lid), and I love the way they turn out. The slices are so much more elegant. It also holds about 1 1/2 of most loaf cake recipes.

Edited to add: with Bundt cakes, I find it helpful to overbake just a little, like a minute or so, rather than underbake. It doesn't dry out the cake but it helps when releasing from the pan.

cakewalk

cakewalk

7 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Here is what I use:

https://www.nordicware.com/store/product_detail/heritage-bundt-pan#.VqPoQWco7CM

Never had problem with sticking and I find the pattern lovely.  Almost too pretty to cut.

I have that pan, and I also have the Nordic War Pro Cast Bavaria bundt pan. I like both patterns a lot. I use either baker's Pam or Baker's Joy and have never had an issue when releasing them from the pan, although I remember reading about the lecithin a while ago and I keep meaning to buy some (but keep forgetting). My issue with Bundt pans in general is this: while I think the cakes look stunning when they're whole, I don't particularly care for the way the slices look. I generally find the slices to be clunky looking, and I can't get around that. I also have a Pullman loaf pan, the larger size (I think it's 13x4x4), that I got from King Arthur several years ago. I love it. And it might not look it, but it holds the same amount of batter as an Angel Food cake pan, so it would hold the batter for most bundts, I guess. I make angel food cakes in the Pullman pan (without the lid), and I love the way they turn out. The slices are so much more elegant. It also holds about 1 1/2 of most loaf cake recipes.