• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Pan

Pan

Thanks, Katie. Good thoughts all-round. I hope to get off some of my meds, but for that, I believe I will have to lose more weight (I lost about 15 pounds pretty quickly just by mostly not eating in restaurants, as I tend to be undisciplined and eat the whole portion of whatever I order for myself, whereas when I cook, I am more restrained). One of my goals for the year is to get my weight under 190 for the first time since my senior year of high school. I started out weighing about 220-221.5, and the last time I checked, I was down to 206, but it was fluctuating between 204 and 208.5. I might have gained a bit of weight back in the last few days since I've had a respiratory ailment, so I haven't been exercising and have been getting some delivery of the couple of dishes Grand Sichuan St Marks can do saltlessly for me (Sauteed Spicy Chinese Broccoli and Braised Pumpkin with Ginger and Scallion).

By the way, one of my problems right now is that my refrigerator is too small, and my freezer can freeze water but little else, so in the medium term, I need to create enough additional space in my apartment for a regular-sized refrigerator and buy one.

Pan

Pan

Thanks, Katie. Good thoughts all-round. I hope to get off some of my meds, but for that, I believe I will have to lose more weight (I lost about 15 pounds pretty quickly just by mostly not eating in restaurants, as I tend to be undisciplined and eat the whole portion of whatever I order for myself, whereas when I cook, I am more restrained). One of my goals for the year is to get my weight under 190 for the first time since my senior year of high school. I started out weighing about 220-221.5, and the last time I checked, I was down to 206, but it was fluctuating between 204 and 208.5. I might have gained a bit of weight back in the last few days since I've had a respiratory ailment, so I haven't been exercising and have been getting some delivery of the couple of dishes Grand Sichuan St Marks can do saltlessly for me (Sauteed Spicy Chinese Broccoli and Braised Pumpkin with Ginger and Scallion).