• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

sverreef

sverreef

I never had the time to make the dish I envisioned, and the Pedro Ximenez fruit glass ended up as a (very tasty) fruit leather which didn't make the plate. So the coffee ice cream ended up with a simple pairing of dark chocolate crumble and sherry vinegar fluid gel:

PXL_20230612_152510511.thumb.jpg.ff4ef0a0ebe12663d8ca7a2d80bf682d.jpg

The accessories needs work, but at least the ice cream tasted great and had a wonderful texture.

The only thing I would change in future iterations, is to strain the ground coffe before infusion, as the grinder I have access to made some powder which went through the sieve I used when straining the infused mixture. I don't think it affected the flavour or texture though, so it's just a visual refinement.

I used the light ice cream program + one respin in the Ninja Creami by the way. That made the ice cream perfectly smooth, but a bit too warm. After approximately 20 minutes in the freezer, it had the right temperature and consistency for quenelling though 🙂

When I use this base recipe in the future, I might experiment with a drop of polysorbate 80 to increase resistance to melting a bit.

sverreef

sverreef

I never had the time to make the dish I envisioned, and the Pedro Ximenez fruit glass ended up as a (very tasty) fruit leather which didn't make the plate. So the coffee ice cream ended up with a simple pairing of dark chocolate crumble and sherry vinegar fluid gel:

PXL_20230612_152510511.thumb.jpg.ff4ef0a0ebe12663d8ca7a2d80bf682d.jpg

The accessories needs work, but at least the ice cream tasted great and had a wonderful texture.

The only thing I would change in future iterations, is to strain the ground coffe before infusion, as the grinder I have access to made some powder which went through the sieve I used. I don't think it affected the flavour or texture though, so it's just a visual refinement.

I used the light ice cream program + one respin in the Ninja Creami by the way. That made the ice cream perfectly smooth, but a bit too warm. After approximately 20 minutes in the freezer, it had the right temperature and consistency for quenelling though 🙂

When I use this base recipe in the future, I might experiment with a drop of polysorbate 80 to increase resistance to melting a bit.