• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kbjesq

kbjesq

clarification

I have made both poached eggs and hard boiled eggs. After some confusion, described up thread, I finally figured out two methods that work perfectly for me.

For poached eggs, crack eggs into buttered ramekins and place on top of the steam rack inside the stainless steel pot. Add 1 cup of water to the pot. Set for high pressure - 2 minutes, quick release. It does not matter how many eggs you cook, for a very runny yolk which is how we prefer poached eggs, use two minutes and quick release. If you want a more solid yoke I would add one more minute.

For hard boiled eggs, the easiest HB eggs I have ever made in my life, and that number is in the many thousands, place eggs in the steam basket, add 1 cup of water and cook on high pressure for 4 - 5 minutes, depending on how hard boiled you like your eggs. Once again we prefer them to be barely cooked through so we use 4 minutes,  regardless of how many eggs we are cooking.  Immediately remove the eggs from the steamer and plunge into a bowl of ice water, lightly tapping the egg shells on the edge of the ice water bowl to crack them as you do so. Once they are cool enough to handle, the shells will slip right off. It is nothing short of amazing.

kbjesq

kbjesq

clarification

I just made both poached eggs and hard boiled eggs. After some confusion, described up thread, I finally figured out two methods that work perfectly for me.

For poached eggs, crack eggs into buttered ramekins and place on top of the steam rack inside the stainless steel pot. Add 1 cup of water. Set for high pressure - 2 minutes, quick release. It does not matter how many eggs you cook, for a very runny yolk which is how we prefer poached eggs, use two minutes and quick release. If you want a more solid yoke I would add one more minute.

For hard boiled eggs, the easiest HB eggs I have ever made in my life, and that number is in the many thousands, place eggs in the steam basket, add 1 cup of water and cook on high pressure for 4 - 5 minutes, depending on how hard boiled you like your eggs. Once again we prefer them to be barely cooked through so we use 4 minutes. Immediately remove the eggs from the steamer and plunge into a bowl of ice water, lightly tapping the egg shells on the edge of the ice water bowl to crack them as you do so. Once they are cool enough to handle, the shells will slip right off. It is nothing short of amazing.

kbjesq

kbjesq

I just made both poached eggs and hard boiled eggs. After some confusion, described up thread, I finally figured out two methods that work perfectly for me.

For poached eggs, crack eggs into buttered ramekins and place on top of the steam rack inside the stainless steel pot. Add 1 cup of water. Set for high pressure - 2 minutes, quick release. It does not matter how many eggs you cook, for a very runny yolk which is how we prefer poached eggs, use two minutes and quick release. If you want a more solid yoke I would add one more minute.

For hard boiled eggs, the easiest HB eggs I have ever made in my life, and that number is in the many thousands, place eggs in the steam basket, add 1 cup of water and cook on high pressure for 4 - 5 minutes, depending on how hard boiled you like your eggs. Once again we prefer them to be barely cooked through so we use 4 minutes. Immediately remove the eggs from the steamer and plunge into a bowl of ice water, lightly tapping the egg shells on the edge of the ice water bowl as you do so. Once they are cool enough to handle, the shells will slip right off. It is nothing short of amazing.