• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cakewalk

cakewalk

reduce size of photos & edit for clarity

Sourdough loaf, which looks nice in the first photo, but then when I turn it over, you can see that it split on one side. I think it's underproofed. Flavor is good, but I was a bit too rushed to get it into the oven. I find that most of my mess-ups with sourdough are due to impatience at one stage or another. Because it takes so ***** long! (But I'll eat it with no complaints.)

Bread 2.jpg

Bread 3.jpg

Bread 4.jpg

cakewalk

cakewalk

reduce size of photos

Sourdough loaf, which looks nice in the first photo, but then when I turn it over, it split on one side. I think it's underproofed. Flavor is good, but I was a bit too rushed to get it into the oven. I find that most of my mess-ups with sourdough are due to impatience at one stage or another. Because it takes so ***** long! (But I'll eat it with no complaints.)

Bread 2.jpg

Bread 3.jpg

Bread 4.jpg

cakewalk

cakewalk

Sourdough loaf, which looks nice in the first photo, but then when I turn it over, it split on one side. I think it's underproofed. Flavor is good, but I was a bit too rushed to get it into the oven. I find that most of my mess-ups with sourdough are due to impatience at one stage or another. Because it takes so ***** long! (But I'll eat it with no complaints.)

Bread 2.jpg

Bread 3.jpg

Bread 4.jpg