• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Typos and punctuation

And another repost

Despite being almost in the tropics (the Tropic line is just down the road), it can get quite cold here. Every year, around now, the temperature suddenly drops overnight  from the mid to high 20s (ºC) to around 12 - 15ºC. I know that may not seem cold to many people, but please note that few house or offices etc have any heating. We simply throw on more clothes for the duration. By February, it will be down to 5-10º. Fortunately, winter is short.

Anyway the drop came a couple of night ago so I made this.

stew2.jpg

A one pot stew of beef with chickpeas, garlic, onion, carrot, celery, ginger, chillies, Worcestershire sauce. With new potatoes (Also cooked in the same pot). Winter food.

siw.jpg

In the wok

liuzhou

liuzhou

Typos and punctuation

And another repost

Despite being almost in the tropics (the Tropic line is just down the road), it can get quite cold here. Every year, around now, the temperature suddenly drops overnight  from the mid to high 20s (ºC) to around 12 - 15ºC. I know that may not seem cold to many people, but please note that few house or offices etc have any heating. We simply throw on more clothes for the duration. By February, it will be down to 5-10º. Fortunately, winter is short.

stew2.jpg

A one pot stew of beef with chickpeas, garlic, onion, carrot, celery, ginger, chillies, Worcestershire sauce. With new potatoes (Also cooked in the same pot). Winter food.

siw.jpg

In the wok

liuzhou

liuzhou

Formatting. The editor certain;ly isn't WYSIWYG in this browser.

And another repost

Despite being almost in the tropics (the Tropic line is just down the road), it can get quite cold here. Every year around now the temperature suddenly drops overnight  from the mid to high 20s (ºC) to around 12 - 15ºC. I know that may not seem cld to many people, but please notet that few house or offices etc have any heating. We simply throw on more clothes for the duration. By February it will be down to 5-10º. Fortunately, winter is short.

stew2.jpg

A one pot stew of beef with chickpeas, garlic, onion, carrot, celery, ginger, chillies, Worcestershire sauce. With new potatoes (Also cooked in the same pot).

siw.jpg

In the wok

liuzhou

liuzhou

And another repost

Despite being almost in the tropics (the Tropic line is just down the road), it can get quite cold here. Every year around now the temperature suddenly drops overnight  from the mid to high 20s (ºC) to around 12 - 15ºC. I know that may not seem cld to many people, but please notet that few house or offices etc have any heating. We simply throw on more clothes for the duration. By February it will be down to 5-10º. Fortunately, winter is short.

stew2.jpg

A one pot stew of beef with chickpeas, garlic, onion, carrot, celery, ginger, chillies, Worcestershire sauce. With new potatoes (Also cooked in the same pot).

siw.jpg

In the wok

liuzhou

liuzhou

And another repost

stew2.jpg

siw.jpg

In the wok

liuzhou

liuzhou

And another repost

stew2.jpg

siw.jpg

In the wok