• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Greetings from NZ

ecclescake

Hi ecclescake,

Welcome to eG.

I'm interested in low sugar and savoury  (savory) baking too, so would enjoy hearing about the experimentation you're doing.

I'm also up for food culture and traditions, markets, ingredients, restaurants and anything else you care to share with us.

> ^ . . ^ <

Hello and welcome ecclescake.  I'm in East Central Ontario, Canada, and I've never had an Ecclescake.  Alas.

I'd love to go to NZ.  Friends who have gone there wax so eloquently about the landscape and the people. 

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Welcome, ecclescake. We look forward to hearing more from you. If you have any questions about where to find things on the forums, don't hesitate to ask a host (I am one, but not the only one). Tell us a little more about yourself. Are you starting to look forward to spring, or is it already springing for you? I don't know enough about Wellington's climate to know whether it has an easy winter and early spring, or long winter that gives way reluctantly and late as it does in the northern U.S. Are there any spring crops that you're eagerly anticipating for your savoury baking?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown