• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stockholm, Sweden reporting.

Hello everyone!

Figured I'd register an account and not just lurk around in the background.

Im a foodie from Stockholm, Sweden. Not as sharp in the kitchen as I wish I was, but when competing with friends I find myself winning most of the time. I think this is more due to knowing where to find great tips like on this forum. Also I love trying out new restaurants. But I think I've become a bit spoiled lately and keep finding really annoying small things to complain about.

Regards

David

• Like 1

Hi David,

Welcome. Sounds like you're in the right place if you like sharing tips and haggling over details.

Please share cooking and shopping from Stockholm!

Välkommen! 

I am  further south then you but yes a Swede too.  I hope you get a fun time here.

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

David,

Hi, and welcome to eGullet!

Yes, I know about getting so spoiled with your own good cooking that restaurants can be a disappointment. It's hard to get freshly cooked food, hot plates, so on and so on. Fortunately, I have one restaurant in my area that lives up to even my standards very consistently, and HUGE bonus, it's not even expensive!

I very much look forward to hearing about your life and cooking and shopping for food ingredients in Sweden.

This is, to my knowledge, the best place in existence to hone your cooking skills.

> ^ . . ^ <