• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

29 minutes ago, Susie Q said:

Growing up my Mama subscribed to Gourmet, Bon Appetite, Southern Living, Sunset and later Fine Cooking. I miss those old issues they taught one how to cook and the articles were so informative. I kept Gourmet  and Fine Cooking subscriptions after she died and added Saveur. I gave up on up on Cooks Illustrated, too repetitive, but I check it out of the library here and there along with Lucky Peach,  I'm down to Fine Cooking and Saveur. I'm seriously considering not renewing Saveur. Haven't like the magazine since the editor change.  It's drifted from what it used to be. They really turned me off when they started hawking love potions in the back o the magazine. Geeze!

I totally lost interest in Fine Cooking when it seemed to be much graphics and white space and very little information. I had a quick look at an online issue recently and they seem to have reverted back to an earlier time on the magazine looks once again quite interesting. Your take on this? 

Anna N

Anna N

27 minutes ago, Susie Q said:

Growing up my Mama subscribed to Gourmet, Bon Appetite, Southern Living, Sunset and later Fine Cooking. I miss those old issues they taught one how to cook and the articles were so informative. I kept Gourmet  and Fine Cooking subscriptions after she died and added Saveur. I gave up on up on Cooks Illustrated, too repetitive, but I check it out of the library here and there along with Lucky Peach,  I'm down to Fine Cooking and Saveur. I'm seriously considering not renewing Saveur. Haven't like the magazine since the editor change.  It's drifted from what it used to be. They really turned me off when they started hawking love potions in the back o the magazine. Geeze!

I totally lost interest in fine cooking when it seemed to be much graphics and white space and very little information. I had a quick look at an online issue recently and they seem to have reverted back to an earlier time on the magazine looks once again quite interesting. Your take on this?