• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CentralMA

CentralMA

A couple of years ago my wife told me about a good looking toaster at the local Goodwill. Stopping be there a couple of days later I found it, a four slice Dualit. $15.

Couple of dents in the top, otherwise a very nice toaster.

Month ago the timer (analog, think tic tic tic tic tic mechanical) would hang at the 30 second to go mark. Burnt a few slices that day, filled the kitchen with smoke.

New timer found on Amazon, $50. 10 minute install/replacement. Came with a new front dial knob. Gotta love those Brits....

IMG_20210821_153817217.thumb.jpg.ef1cc072e72a573d22061a27f779618a.jpg

CentralMA

CentralMA

A couple of years agStopping o my wife told me about a good looking toaster at the local Goodwill. Stopping be there a cou[ple of days later I found it, a four slice Dualit. $15.

Couple of dents in the top, otherwise a very nice toaster.

Month ago the timer (analog, think tic tic tic tic tic mechanical) would hang at the 30 second to go mark. Burnt a few slices that day, filled the kitchen with smoke.

New timer found on Amazon, $50. 10 minute install/replacement. Came with a new front dial knob. Gotta love those Brits....

IMG_20210821_153817217.thumb.jpg.ef1cc072e72a573d22061a27f779618a.jpg