• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

Hello, SatelliteDr ... and welcome to the eGullet forums.

Have you talked to HarvestRight about this problem? I would not adjust the hinge side until I had spoken with them - seems to me I read something about that in the info that came from HR when I first got my FD. But maybe you did and that, and using the washers, were things they told you to do?

And have you always followed the suggested procedure to check for a good door seal (using a sheet of paper) before you start up the machine? And do you always make sure you rotate the handle that extra quarter turn so it is really sealed? If you adjusted the hinge side, perhaps that also knocked the whole door out of whack somehow?

Deryn

Deryn

Hello, SatelliteDr ... and welcome to the eGullet forums.

Have you talked to HarvestRight about this problem? I would not adjust the hinge side until I had spoken with them - seems to me I read something about that in the info that came from HR when I first got my FD. But maybe you did and that (and using the washers) were things they told you to do?

And have you always followed the suggested procedure to check for a good door seal (using a sheet of paper) before you start up the machine? And do you always make sure you rotate the handle that extra quarter turn so it is really sealed? If you adjusted the hinge side, perhaps that also knocked the whole door out of whack somehow?