• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

@Darienne

Thanks for reviving this. It prompted me to order some besan  / chickpea flour. In the past I had to order it from India, but found some in Xinjiang, China's westernmost province. India is actually nearer to me but import duties and transport make theirs more expensive. It took five days to get here from Xinjiang, but arrived this morning. Onion bhajis are on my horizon.

Two 500g bags was the minimum order - no problem. $4 USD for the kilo, including delivery from 1,830 miles away.

besan.thumb.jpg.65f80d0bae6e7d157878bb4ab8fc0059.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

@Darienne

Thanks for reviving this. It prompted me to order some besan  / chickpea flour. In the past I had to order it from India, but found some in Xinjiang, China's westernmost province. India is actually nearer to me but import duties and transport make theirs more expensive. It took five days to get here, but arrived this morning. Onion bhajis are on my horizon.

Two 500g bags was the minimum order - no problem. $4 USD for the kilo, including delivery from 1,830 miles away.

besan.thumb.jpg.65f80d0bae6e7d157878bb4ab8fc0059.jpg