• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I was curious to try a savory quick bread so I also used the recipe that @Anna N linked to and @Tri2Cook made with jalapeño and habanero peppers.  I diced up some of the roasted onions with sage that I made yesterday, minced some more fresh sage leaves and added half a cup of grated parm.  I used the same olive oil that I used in roasting the onions, reduced the sugar to 1T and baked up 3 little loaves. 

IMG_4149.jpg

I'd like to try the pepper version but this was nice.  I'll wrap 2 of the loaves and freeze them.  They are calling out for a bowl of soup so I should make that happen one of these days.  Maybe this evening as it's supposed to rain.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I was curious to try a savory quick bread so I also used the recipe that @Anna N linked to and @Tri2Cook made with jalapeño and habanero peppers.  I diced up some of the roasted onions with sage that I made yesterday, minced some more fresh sage leaves and added half a cup of grated parm.  I used the same olive oil that I used in roasting the onions, reduced the sugar to 1T and baked up 3 little loaves. 

IMG_4149.jpg

I'd like to try the pepper version but this was nice.  I'll wrap 3 of the loaves and freeze them.  They are calling out for a bowl of soup so I should make that happen one of these days.  Maybe this evening as it's supposed to rain.