• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

chromedome

chromedome

22 minutes ago, Darienne said:

Another apple I miss is the Russet.  eGers have posted that they can get them somewhere, but that where is not my where.  

I see them (very) occasionally at Superstore. It's possible you may be able to come to an understanding with the produce manager at your nearest Loblaw brand, and get a call as/if/when they're available.

chromedome

chromedome

20 minutes ago, Darienne said:

Sad about Northern Spys.  Haven't seen them in a grocery store in our area anyway forever.  OTOH, we have our very own Northern Spy tree in our back yard.  Alas, it is not faring well.  Along with the thriving Mac.  And we have no idea how old the trees are.  Ditto for all the trees on the farm (which originally was two 50-acre farms).  

Another apple I miss is the Russet.  eGers have posted that they can get them somewhere, but that where is not my where.  

I see them (very) occasionally at Superstore. It's possible you may be able to come to an understanding with the produce manager at your nearest Loblaw brand, and get a call as/if/when they're available.