• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Tidings from the Bay Area

dr_kiuchi

Hello Fellow members!

I have been perusing the forums for some time now and I decided that I might as well join. I've enjoyed learning a lot from members here and I hope to contribute some knowledge that I have accrued over the years as well.

I've held just about every position in a restaurant that there is, across the world. From Texas to Tokyo, Zurich to California. I am by no means a professional but I am very passionate about all things culinary. My education in restaurants and bars over a span of 15 years or so has brought be back to where I love to be, in the kitchen. I am currently studying modernist techniques, recipes, and science. I anticipate future interactions with fellow members in these forums!

Best Regards,

Kenji

Hi Kenji.  Welcome to eGullet.

15 years in bars and restaurants and you don't call yourself a professional?  I'm in awe!

We have a lot of fun with our Modernist topics here at eG; dive in and share your tips and questions with us.

Looking forward to seeing you in the forums.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory