• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

11 hours ago, MelissaH said:

How do these differ from what used to be called prunes, and have since just become, well, "dried plums"?

They don't differ. The name change (in the USA) is explained here.

But I just translated the Chinese name which has always just been "dried plums", an accurate description of what they are.

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 hours ago, MelissaH said:

How do these differ from what used to be called prunes, and have since just become, well, "dried plums"?

They don't differ. The name change (in the USA) is explained here.

But I just translated the Chinese name which has always just been "dried plums", am accurate description of what they are.

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 hours ago, MelissaH said:

They don't differ. The English name change is explained here.

But I just translated the Chinese name which has always just been "dried plums", am accurate description of what they are.