• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Making Chicken Noodles

Anonymous Modernist 15328

I would use the "regular" Activa RM and do something like WD50's shrimp noodles. 1% TG with chicken breast in the blender with some salt and spices. Shape the result in some kind of pasta machine and put it in 54C water. (Or stock for macimum taste!) If you don't have a pasta machine you can put some in a sous vide bag and go over it with a rolling pin to do "pasta" sheets that you can cut in linguinis once cooked.

Good luck

I haven't used a tamis when I did it with shrimp with still good results. You could try it but don't forget that your paste is setting up. Work fast and keep it cold! The Activa RM is the most general purpose transglutaminase. The other ones will not bond as many type of ingredients or are for more specialized uses.