• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hot Ingredients in Whippers

Since it's seem to be all in stainless steel. It depend on the material of the gasket. If it's in silicone there shouldn't be a problem but otherwise you'll need to test...

The other difference is that sometime for the syphon for hot ingredients they have a larger valve but it shouldn't change anything for an egg foam.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't tell from the picture whether that is one of the professional (stainless steel) models, or the less expensive aluminum "consumer" grade versions.

I wouldn't put anything but cream inside one of the aluminum ones. I have one, and despise it, compared the the four professional versions I also have. Not only can it not go in the dishwasher, but the nozzles are too hard to attach.

• 2 weeks later...