• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JohnT

JohnT

Additional comment added

On 27 March 2017 at 6:21 PM, Anna N said:

image.jpeg.bc31c004687d9e9bc7dcc6abf2da9651.jpeg

I always feel a little like I am cheating when I make brownies.   They just seem too easy.  But I also know I never get a complaint.  

@Anna N, the post regarding your Katherine Hepburn Brownies is of interest to me and I have looked up the recipe on the net and found a few variations. Can you point me to the recipe you use? The one in the NYT seems about the most authentic to me - is it the recipe you are using?

Edited to add: Maybe I should say the NYT recipe uses cocoa powder and some others use melted chocolate. Also, some use chopped walnuts, whilst others use chocolate chips or some use no nuts or chips. All are called the "authentic" Ketherine Hepburn recipe!

JohnT

JohnT

On 27 March 2017 at 6:21 PM, Anna N said:

image.jpeg.bc31c004687d9e9bc7dcc6abf2da9651.jpeg

I always feel a little like I am cheating when I make brownies.   They just seem too easy.  But I also know I never get a complaint.  

@Anna N, the post regarding your Katherine Hepburn Brownies is of interest to me and I have looked up the recipe on the net and found a few variations. Can you point me to the recipe you use? The one in the NYT seems about the most authentic to me - is it the recipe you are using?