• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Today in deep freeze temperatures and a little too much snow and ice Kerry and I ventured out.  We did a little thrift store shopping and found nothing food related and decided to have lunch on Kerr Street in Oakville at a Japanese restaurant called Yame Sushi.  As soon as we stepped through the door we knew we had been to the venue before but probably under other management.

Sake for me, tea for Kerry. 

image.jpeg

We each had a bowl of warming miso soup.

image.jpeg

Tooth-clinging sea weed salad. 

image.jpeg

Chicken katsu (I mistakenly wrote this down when Kerry had said chicken karaage). But it was very good!

image.jpeg

spring rolls

image.jpeg

Shrimp roll and inari for Kerry

image.jpeg

Japanese "pizza" for me with a topping of barbecued eel.  The base was rice with a crispy coating.  Quite intriguing.

We also had an order of shrimp and vegetable tempura but apparently the camera person was too exhausted or too full!

Anna N

Anna N

Today in deep freeze temperatures and a little too much snow and ice Kerry and I ventured out.  We did a little thrift store shopping and found nothing food related and decided to have lunch on Kerr Street in Oakville at a Japanese restaurant called Yame Sushi.  As soon as we stepped through the door we knew we had been to the venue before but probably under other management.

Sake for me, tea for Kerry. 

image.jpeg

We each had a bowl of warming miso soup.

image.jpeg

Tooth-clinging sea weed salad. 

image.jpeg

Chicken katsu (I mistakenly wrote this down when Kerry had said chicken karaage). But it was very good!

image.jpeg

spring rolls

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Shrimp roll and inari for Kerry

image.jpeg

Japanese "pizza" for me with a topping of barbecued eel.  The base was rice with a crispy coating.  Quite intriguing.

We also had an order of shrimp and vegetable tempura but apparently the camera person was too exhausted or too full!