• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

After haircuts, a ritual shaving of the head before we go north, Kerry and I decided to check out a restaurant in Burlington called Celli's  Osteria (cellisosteria.com) because we had heard that they served my beloved funghi pizza.  This is the pizza from Pane Fresco that we have mentioned a number of times. We stopped going there when they stopped making that particular pizza. Well the rumour proved baseless.  The pizza of my dreams was not found there. But all was not lost.

image.jpeg

Although my very first bite was overly salty these calamari bits turned out to be about the best I have eaten in as long as I can remember.

image.jpeg

This was also brought to the table and I dug right in. Kerry showed more restraint. 

Gimage.jpeg

The pizza was funghi and rapini.  

Not what I was hoping for but still exceedingly good. 

image.jpeg

It came with a choice of sides and I elected to have the potatoes. I expected  French fries but these were amazingly good little crispy potatoes.

image.jpeg

Kerry ordered what she thought was a meatball sub so was a little surprised that it arrived on a hamburger bun. She chose the Caesar salad as her side.

And now it's confession time. I ate so much of the calamari and bread that I could not do any justice to the pizza or the potatoes so they will be tonight's dinner  

Edited to fix some typos and remove a duplicate photograph.

Anna N

Anna N

After haircuts, a ritual shaving of the head before we go north, Kerry and I decided to check out a restaurant in Burlington called Celli's  Osteria (cellisosteria.com) because we had heard that they served my beloved funghi pizza.  This is the pizza from Pane Fresco that we have mentioned a number of times. We stopped going there when they stopped making that particular pizza. Well the rumour proved baseless.  The pizza of my dreams was not found there. But all was not lost.

image.jpeg

Although my very first bite was overly salty these calamari bits turned out to be about the best I have eaten in as long as I can remember.

image.jpeg

This was also brought to the table and I dug right in. Kerry showed more restraint. 

Gimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

It came with a choice of sides and I elected to have the potatoes. I expected  French fries but these were amazingly good little crispy potatoes.

image.jpeg

Kerry ordered what she thought was a meatball sub so was a little surprised that it arrived on a hamburger bun. She chose the Caesar salad as her side.

And now it's confession time. I ate so much of the calamari and bread that I could not do any justice to the pizza or the potatoes so they will be tonight's dinner  

Edited to fix some typos and remove a duplicate photograph.

image.jpeg

Anna N

Anna N

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

It came with a choice of sides and I elected to have the potatoes. I expected  French but these were amazingly good little crispy potatoes.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg