• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Typo

I find pino Gris quite variable.  We have 100 plants of the stuff and we find that waiting for the acids to drop into the zone we need allows the brix or sugar to go up which can result in a sweeter wine....definitely a challenge.  So far we have managed to only make wine that is little too acidic for me.  This year we are being patient.

tonight we are having a Blue Mountain 2014 Reserve Chardonnay.  The winery is in the Okanagan and is one of the first vineyards planted in old apple orchards so it's about 30 years old.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

I find pino Gris quite variable.  We have 100 plants of the stuff and we find that waiting for the acids to drop into the zone we need allows the brix or sugar to go up which can result in a sweeter wine....definitely a challenge.  So far we have managed to only make wine that is little too acidic for me.  This year we are being patient.

tonight we are having a Blue Mountain 2014 Reserve Chardonnay.  The winery is in the Okanagan and is one of the first vineyards planted in old apple orchards so it about 30 years old.