• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

12 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

@Anna N  I'm not sure what's available in Canada, but "Zep" Instant Spill Absorber; "Spill Magic" LIquid Spill Absorber; and "Odorgon" Powder are used for oil spills and are carried on Amazon US.

Thanks. This was unique in that it was meant to prevent spills in the first place by turning the liquid fat into a solid mass which could then be disposed of. I am somewhat aware of products designed to deal with the spill once it’s happened.  Thanks very much for pointing out these products.   I really hope I’ve come to my senses and will never need one though!  

Anna N

Anna N

10 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

@Anna N  I'm not sure what's available in Canada, but "Zep" Instant Spill Absorber; "Spill Magic" LIquid Spill Absorber; and "Odorgon" Powder are used for oil spills and are carried on Amazon US.

Thanks. This was unique in that it was meant to prevent spills in the first place by turning the liquid fat into a solid mass which could then be disposed of. I am somewhat aware of products designed to deal with the spill bill once it’s happened.  Thanks very much for pointing out these products.   I really hope I’ve come to my senses and will never need one though!