• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

Never again will I buy local fresh clams and make clam chowder. At least I think that was the cause of a very awful night of 'up and down'-heaval. Tasted delicious but something didn't agree with me. Haven't had that kind of 'reaction' to anything since I was last pregnant 33 years ago. Luckily it seems to have been relatively short lived (I feel moderately better this morning) but in the throws of it all, it was far worse than the 3 month bout I had with salmonella many years ago. On the bright side though, the IP made great clam chowder including steaming the clams perfectly. Next time I will open one of the humungous (quart size I think) cans of clams I bought recently (never know when one - who lives alone - will have to make clam chowder for 40 - what was I thinking?) and forgo the 'fresh' ones.

Oh and the bars below this post are probably a notation that belongs in the 'Tech - Welcome to V4 - redux' thread. Just opened a window to reply to this thread (and didn't hit the 'break' button on the left side - I swear I didn't!) and one appeared so just for fun and giggles, I hit it intentionally a few more times. Nice pattern.

Deryn

Deryn

Never again will I buy local fresh clams and make clam chowder. At least I think that was the cause of a very awful night of 'up and down'-heaval. Tasted delicious but something didn't agree with me. Haven't had that kind of 'reaction' to anything since I was last pregnant 33 years ago. Luckily it seems to have been short lived but in the throws of it all, it was far worse than the 3 month bout I had with salmonella many years ago. On the bright side though, the IP made great clam chowder including steaming the clams perfectly. Next time I will open one of the humungous (quart size I think) cans of clams I bought recently (never know when one - who lives alone - will have to make clam chowder for 40 - what was I thinking?) and forgo the 'fresh' ones.

Oh and the bars below this post are probably a notation that belongs in the 'Tech - Welcome to V4 - redux' thread. Just opened a window to reply to this thread (and didn't hit the 'break' button on the left side - I swear I didn't!) and one appeared so just for fun and giggles, I hit it intentionally a few more times. Nice pattern.

Deryn

Deryn

Never again will I buy local fresh clams and make clam chowder. At least I think that was the cause of a very awful night of 'up and down'-heaval. Tasted delicious but something didn't agree with me. Haven't had that kind of 'reaction' to anything since I was last pregnant 33 years ago. Luckily it seems have been short lived but in the throws of it all, it was far worse than the 3 month bout I had with salmonella many years ago. On the bright side though, the IP made great clam chowder including steaming the clams perfectly. Next time I will open one of the humungous (quart size I think) cans of clams I bought recently (never know when one - who lives alone - will have to make clam chowder for 40 - what was I thinking?) and forgo the 'fresh' ones.