• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rebel Rose

Rebel Rose

On 1/31/2016 at 10:05 AM, blue_dolphin said:

I can't remember if I posted this one or not but much like @kayb, I opened the freezer, grabbed 3 cubes of what I thought was sun dried tomato purée and plopped them into my sauce.  Oops.  Chipotle chile purée. Both handy to keep on hand but not interchangeable.  That was one spicy pasta dish!

Oh Lord, I made the same mistake the first time I opened a can of chipotles. Dumped the whole thing into the chili. Inedible!

That was many years ago and I still remember it--it was a huge pot of chili so I froze it in batches and later tried to break it down and dilute with fresh ingredients and beans. But there's no recovering from a whole can of chipotles. :$

Rebel Rose

Rebel Rose

On 1/31/2016 at 10:05 AM, blue_dolphin said:

I can't remember if I posted this one or not but much like @kayb, I opened the freezer, grabbed 3 cubes of what I thought was sun dried tomato purée and plopped them into my sauce.  Oops.  Chipotle chile purée. Both handy to keep on hand but not interchangeable.  That was one spicy pasta dish!

Oh Lord, I made the same mistake the first time I opened a can of chipotles. Dumped the whole thing into the chili. Inedible!

That was many years ago and I still remember it--it was a huge pot of chili so I froze it in batches and later tried to break it down and dilute with fresh ingredients and beans. But there's no recovering from a whole can of chipotles. :$