• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thanksgiving 2013 Menus

FeChef

Thanksgiving Bread - rye and wheat flours, rye starter, pecans, cranberries, bourbon and orange juice.

I'm in trouble with my American customers if the goods are not produced.

How hard is it to find cranberries and pecans where you are? The bread looks beautiful.

• Like 1

Thanks. The problem isn't finding them - the wholesaler who supplies my flour and other ingredients stocks cranberries and pecans but they have become seriously expensive, like other nuts and grains. I'm sure that's not confined to the UK.

As for the bourbon I follow my nose and hang the expense.

• Like 1

Mick Hartley

The PArtisan Baker

bethesdabakers

"I can give you more pep than that store bought yeast" - Evolution Mama (don't you make a monkey out of me)

dcarch, love the carets! Your creation, or a borrowed idea? How did you keep the purple in the asparagus? It usually fades to yuck green!

Thanks Judiu.

I think I invented the "Caret" cut of carrots a few years ago. May be not? I searched and searched Google Image, I had not come across anything similar. I would love to know if anyone had done it before me. The cut away carrot pieces are used for making smoothies, not wasted.

For the asparagus, if you don't overcook them, they will still be purple.

dcarch

Edited by dcarch (log)
  • Like 1