• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Simply Ming" does sous vide, and MC ish

rotuts

Ming Tsai, the owner of Blue Ginger in Wellesley MA has a PBS show called 'Simpy Ming'

its in its 11th 'Season' and today on ep 1102 he does some SV and some MC-ish stuff w guest Chef Grant Achatz.

its a show I regularly follow as Im a Student Addict of PBS Cooking shows, the better ones at least, and others, esp. those from the BBC.

he does SV salmon, using a SVS and a sealer system I do not recognize

fresh ( probably Ultra Fresh ) salmon and fresh herbs and olive oil : 125 F / 20 min.

take it or leave it. its the first time ive seen SV " sur la Plate " on a PBS cooking show. Great British Menu does it all the time.

the guest and Ming do some MC ish stuff later.

although the Test kitchen did show the SVS a while back, they have chosen not to make anything on their show ( yet )

Weenies. :raz:

I

"although the Test kitchen did show the SVS a while back, they have chosen not to make anything on their show ( yet )"

I'm not at all surprised at that. After all, what meager percentage of their viewers actually own and use a SV system?

I do agree, however, that it would make an interesting segment; but then I am a foodie after all.