• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hudson NY September 2013

fatcatbrew

I am heading up to Hudson NY for a weekend late September. I have never been to this town before and it seems to have allot of interesting restaurants.

Can someone give me some recommendations.

I am considering Crimson Sparrow and Fish & Game.

Thanks,

I have eaten in both Crimson Sparrow and Fish and Game; both with "name chefs". They serve plates of very small portions of sometimes strange combinations. Some of them work, others are silly. After leaving I felt more that I was at an event rather than a meal. They seem popular however.

For more of a traditional meal ( if thats what you want ) Swoon Kitchenbar is good. Mexican Radio for mexican. I like Red Dot. It's a dive but has some quite good food. Baba Louis for pizza and sandwiches. Le Perche for bistro food.

Edited by boudin noir (log)