• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PF Chang Montreal - worth it!

lioness

We just went tonight for our anniversary dinner. We loved it. We made reservations and there was no waiting. The food was great. Had the lettuce wraps which were great. The spring rolls that my husband had were very good as well. I had the salt and pepper prawns which were amazing and my husband had the sweet and sour pork which was pretty good. Desert which was shared and couldn't even finish was the BANANA SPRING ROLLS coconut-pineapple ice cream and drizzled with caramel and vanilla sauces. It was outstanding! We're definitely going back!

I have to say that I've never been much of a fan of their mains, but the restaurant has been very popular with friends, so I found myself going often.

What I finally figured out is that the appetizers - dumplings (potstickers), lettuce wraps, etc. - are very good.

So I order an assortment for my meal.

The only tricky bit is that I have to be sure my appetizer-meal arrives with the main courses of my dining companions, or they help themselves to mine, leaving me with nothing to eat at lunch/dinner time.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.